Cooperation with social partners
UNIVERSITY OF SOUSSE, TUNISIA
During the project GeSt the University of Sousse (new MA program in Gender Studies) has developed cooperation with associations – Coalition pour les Femmes de Tunisie, International NGO CAWTAR (Center of Arab Women for Training and Research), FemWise-Africa, Association of Democratic Women.
- Cooperation with NGO The project on Gendered Violence is implemented together with the University of Sousse (Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, Higher Institute of Fine Arts, Higher Institute of Finances, Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences). The project is financed by Open Society Foundation and started in 2018. Students of the Master of Gender are involved in the project.
- The GeSt project event was organized in 2017 by inviting Soukeina Bouraoui – Executive Director of International NGO CAWTAR (Center of Arab Women for Training and Research) and Saloua Guiga Former President of Coalition for Tunisian Women (Coalition pour les Femmes de Tunisie).
- The GeSt project team established The Tunisian Association of Gender Studies (ATEG). Prof. Boutheina Ben Hassine is the head of the ATEG.
- University of Sousse organized the International Conference “Gender and Peace Building” (see the link) with social partners in April, 2017. Partners and participants of the conference – NGO CAWTAR (Center of Arab Women for Training and Research), University in France – the University of Aix-Marseille, platform GenderMed.
- Cooperation is promoted with Salwa Guiga, a member of FemWise-Africa. Discussions on opportunity for teachers of MA in Gender Studies (Boutheina Ben Hassine, Inès El Aissi, Henda El Gharbi, Sonia Makni, Nihed Mrabet) to become members of the organization are held.
- Cooperation with the University Aix-Marseille (GenderMed and the laboratory TELEMME) is promoted. Wafa Boughzala Zayati, a PhD student of the Sousse University is participating in a traineeship with professor Randi Deguilhem (President of GenderMed) at the University Aix-Marseille (GenderMed platform). The University in France intensified its activities with the teachers of the GeSt project team. An international colloquium Altérités et résistances à l’épreuve du genre en Méditerranée will be held in November 7-9, 2019 at the University Aix-Marseille. Professor Hafedh Djedidi (University of Sousse) is a member of the scientific committee and Boutheina Ben Hassine (University of Sousse) is a member of the organizing committee. Professors of Sousse and 6 PhD students will present their papers and poster presentations.
- Students of the Master of Gender Studies participated in a traineeship in the Association of Democratic Women.
- Partnership with NGO The Tunisian Women’s League is promoted.
- Partnership with a female major of the Municipality of Sousse is established.
- Participation of students from GeSt project MA programs in the events on gender studies. The students of the Institute of Fine Arts and Design (the students of the first cohort of GeSt) assisted on the organization of Gender Studies Summer SchoolS in Sousse (2016) and Manouba (2017) and are involved into of international colloquium of Gender at the the University Aix-Marseille (together with prof. Hefedh Djedidi). Wafa Boughzala, a student of MA program assisted in the courses of Faten Chouba Skhiri and during the training given by Dominique Gauthier Rieucau in the Master program in Gender.
UNIVERSITY OF MANOUBA
The team of GeSt project at the Institute of Sport at the Manouba has developed a cooperation with:
- The National Olympic Committee (Women and Sport Commission). Main aim of this cooperation is to promote a role of women leaders in decision-making positions.
- The National Sports Observatory by organizing regional and national awareness days on women’s practice and women’s entrepreneurship in the sport and leisure sector;
- The Research Laboratory of the National Sports Medical Center. In the framework of cooperation with the GeSt project team the research theme ‘Sport, Gender and Management’ was included into the area of its activities:
- The Tunisian Association of Women and Sport. Round tables and discussion panels in several institutions and associations were organized with the aim to disseminate success stories of Tunisian women in various fields;
- The ISSEP of Kef (North-West of Tunisia). The team of GeSt project in cooperation with the ISSEP of Kef (North-West of Tunisia) included the theme ‘Gender in EPS’ into International Congress, 2020;
- The master students of the 4 institutions (ISSEP KSAR SAID / KEF / GAFSA / SFAX) became interested in the issue of gender in the sports and have started research work on gender and sport and have been participating in conferences on the topic;
- Gender studies subject has been introduced into the Master’s degree in Physical Preparation at Mahmoud El Matri Private University in Tunis as a result of cooperation with GeSt team of Manouba University;
- Theme of Gender and Entrepreneurship has been included into the program of the Manouba Networking Day while promoting cooperation with socio-economic partners of the University of Manouba
SULTAN MOULAY SLIMANE UNIVERSITY (USMS), BENI-MELLAL, MOROCCO,
Activities organized by the Master in Gender Studies:
- 20/2/2018: Seminar on the situation of women victims of violence in the region of Beni Mellal Khenifra, conducted by board members of INSAT association (non-profit organization from civil society dealing with women’s issues pertaining to violence against women).
- 27/2/2018: Seminar conducted by the director of The Agency for Human Development in Moroccan Society (an organization depending on the Ministry of Solidarity). The seminar was held within the framework of the Master topic “Gender in Public Policies”).
- 16/04/2018: Seminar on Journalism and the question of Gender, conducted by Aicha Tazi, a well-known journalist and professor at the School of journalism in Rabat.
- 10/05/2018: Study day organized in collaboration with INSAT (non-profit organization from civil society dealing with women’s issues pertaining to violence against women).
- The theme of the study day: Women and Politics. (see the poster and programme).
- 14/06/2018: Encounter with Aïcha Ech-Chenna, a prominent national feminist figure who is the founder and president of the nationwide known association Solidarité Féminine.
- 26/06/2018: Seminar on gender in sociology, conducted by professor El Halhouli, the director of the pedagogical affairs in the department of sociology at the Sultan Moulay Slimane University, Beni Mellal.
- 6/12/2018: Study day organized in collaboration with INSAT and the department of sociology. The theme of the study day: Masculine Domination: Insights into Bourdieu’s theory of gender (see more about the event).
- 8/03/2019. An institutional cooperation with INSAT association has established. A meeting was held with the new president and the members of INSAT association to discuss the partnership with our master. The agreement was signed on March 8th, 2019. This agreement will allow our joint activities with INSAT (conferences, study days and gender awareness campaigns) to be endorsed by the university and not only by the faculty
SIDI MOHAMMED BEN ABDELLAH UNIVERSITY, USMBA, FES, MOROCCO
USMBA has close cooperation with Associated partner of the project NGO Center for Women and Development (I.C.W.A.D). GeSt team members from USMBA are founding members of the organization and participating in such activities as training, advocacy of women, cultural and sensitization processes.
I.C.W.A.D assisted in organization GeST project Forum, Fez, 2018.
VOLODYMYR VYNNYCHENKO CENTRAL UKRAINIAN STATE PEDAGOGICAL UNIVERSITY, KSPU, KROPYVNYTSKYI, UKRAINE
KSPU cooperates with many institutions of the Central Ukrainian region. Cooperation with local stakeholders is developed in the framework of 6-weeks placement of students at the local governmental organizations and NGOs (institutional agreements are signed every year):
- Cooperation with the Kirovohrad Regional State Administration and the Main Department of Statistics of the Kirovohrad Regional State Administration. The teachers of the GeSt project team are involved in the development of programs on local governance and budgeting in regard to gender-related factors and indicators (May 2019).
The statistical data prepared by the Statistics Department of the Kirovohrad Regional State Administration (annual “Women and Men in the Kirovohrad region”) are widely used in teaching and methodological work of the project participants, for the preparation of teaching materials, articles, also used by the students during the preparation of presentations and MA theses. An innovative project “Gender Profile of Kropyvnytsky and Kirovohrad Region” is being submitted for the Call for Project in the local administration.
- Cooperation with the educational institution “The Vasyl Sukhomlynsky Kirovohrad Regional Institute of Postgraduate Pedagogical Education”. School teachers from local schools are studying in the MA in Measurement in Education. In the framework of teachers’ in-service learning courses on statistical indicators of gender equality were given to teachers of mathematics and economics (October 2018), teachers of history (November 2018).
- Cooperation with the Kirovohrad Small Academy of Sciences (SAS). Representatives and employees of the Kirovohrad Small Academy of Sciences were involved in the interdisciplinary scientific and methodological seminar “History, theory and practice of gender”, as well as introduced to the publications of the participants of the project.
- Collaboration with pupils and teachers of secondary education The students of the 11th grade of the educational institution “Scientific Lyceum” and the regional institution “Gymnasium of Arts” took part in the questionnaire “Gender Stereotypes of Students” that was conducted by the students from MA in Educational Measurements: Gender Studies. The data processing and interpretation of the results of the questionnaire were carried out. The teachers of the above-mentioned educational institutions received a feedback on the research project results. The teachers were also provided with the informational newsletters on educational programs on gender issues of consortium members. The teachers of the GeSt project team conducted an interactive seminar “Hidden Plan in Education”.
Cooperation with higher educational institutions of the country and region.
- Studying the possibilities of interaction with the Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky Hryhoriy Skovoroda DPU in the framework of implementation the international project of the EU program Erasmus +KA2 No 586098-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP “Modernization of Pedagogical Higher Education by Innovative Teaching Instruments – MoPED” with the purpose of improving the professional training of the teachers of educational program “Educational, pedagogical sciences (Educational measurements, gender studies: scientific aspect)”.
- Conducting a scientific and practical seminar in cooperation with the Department of Social Sciences, Information and Archival Affairs of KSPU (Kropyvnytsky) on the possibilities of using the quantitative methods in behavioural sciences. Presentation of training manuals on gender issues.
Cooperation with the Public Associations and Non-governmental organizations.
- Cooperation with the Taras Shevchenko Kirovohrad Regional Organization of the All-Ukrainian Society “Prosvita”, NGO “Third Age University “Natkhnennya” and others in order to disseminate, valorise the project ideas among the population and popularize the results of the project.
- Participation of the teachers of the project team in various activities that raised the issue of sexual discrimination, domestic violence and others. (November 20, 2018 – Kropyvnytsky educational forum “Education, business, power – strategic partnership”, April 18, 2019 – Second regional scientific and practical conference “Actual problems of social work and psychology”, April 19, 2019 – the final stage of the 1st city festival of social advertising, etc.).
NIZHYN MYKOLA GOGOL STATE UNIVERSITY, NMGSU, UKRAINE
- Cooperation with Associate partner NGO “Kharkiv regional Gender Resource Center is promoted. Representative of this Center Tetiana Isaieva gave 2 presentations in GeSt International School in Ukraine, March, 2017.
- Center for Gender Education (NMGSU) is a member of the All-Ukrainian Network of Gender Education Centers at Universities. The Center and NGO “Ukrainian Association exploration of women’s history” organized presentation of the book “Women of Central and Eastern Europe in the Second World War: Gender specificity experience in times of extreme violence” (October 1, 2016).
- NMGSU team members co-operate with NGO “Krona”, “EdCamp Ukraine”, they took part in the interdisciplinary scientific-methodological seminar on gender theory issues “Gender research: from theory to practice” (December 2016, Kryvyi Rih).
- NSMGU established relations with the group of EQUAL-IST (Gender Equality Plans for Information Sciences and Technology Research Institutions) which operates in the Horizon 2020 project aiming at enhancing gender equality in Information Sciences and Technology (IST) research institutions.
- In 2016 and 2019 NMGSU GeSt team organised the conference together with Department of Family, Youth and Sports of Chernihiv Regional State Administration, NGO “League of Business and Professional Women of Ukraine”, NGO “Chernihiv Union of Women”.
- Shchotka Oksana, a member of the University’s team, became the winner of the annual «Woman of the Year» Prize in Nizhyn (2019). The competition was held with the support of the Nizhyn City Council in order to increase the role of women in the public life of the state, their participation in state-building processes, the disclosure of skills, talents, professional and creative abilities (see more about the event)
- Contacts have been established with the group GENIUS (Gender Initiative for University and Society), Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadim GeSt project team members took part in German-Ukrainian panel discussion “Ukraine-Germany: potential of universities in realization of Gender policy of the state” which was supported by DAAD – Information Center in Kiev (2019).
- NSMGU established relations with the group of EQUAL-IST (Gender Equality Plans for Information Sciences and Technology Research Institutions) which operates in the Horizon 2020 project aiming at enhancing gender equality in Information Sciences and Technology (IST) research institutions. A member of the University’s team, Lisova Tetiana, participated in the webinar “Gender Equality in STEM”, 02.04.2019.
VASYL STEFANYK PRECARPATHIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, PNU, IVANO-FRANKIVSK, UKRAINE
Cooperation with the mass media stakeholders
Conducting coverage in media on gender equality in modern realities, psychological differences between boys and girls; how to maintain mutual understanding in family and psychological balance; what is gender and gender identity; stress and gender: modern realities of life.
Cooperation with local authorities
Providing educational services for those who are registered in employment center; Participation in the holding of regional conference with the participation of the Vice Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic integration, discussed results and opportunities created by the European integration processes, the main results and gained experience within project.
Collaboration with NGOs
Carrying out a research on effectiveness of implementation of e-administrative services in rural areas, taking into account the gender approach; NGO “Etalon” holding a discussion club on the theme: “Woman in politics”; conducting a seminar-discussion “Gender Identity of a Woman in Ukraine”; Participation in the roundtable discussion on rights and freedom of citizens (gender equality in ensuring rights and freedom of citizens) – NGO “Young Prosvita”