International Forum, October, 2018
“The Role of Academia in Promoting “Gender and Women’s Rights in the Arab World and the European Region”
October 1-5 in Fez (Morocco)
Organizers of the Forum:
Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah University (Fes, Morocco),
Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania),
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Thessaloniki, Greece),
Central European University (Budapest, Hungary),
Sultan Moulay Slimane University (Beni Mellal, Morocco),
University of Manouba (Manouba, Tunisia),
University of Sousse (Sousse, Tunisia),
Volodymyr Vynnychenko Central Ukrainian State Pedagogical University (Kropyvnytskyi, Ukraine),
Nizhyn Mykola Gogol State University (Nizhyn, Ukraine),
Vasyl Vtefanyk Precarpathian National University (Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine),
ISIS Centre for Women and Development, NGO, Morocco.
The topics of the forum include, but are not limited to, the following issues:
1. The status and/or evaluation of Gender and Women’ s Academic Programmes in Europe and the Arab World
2. Women’s academic programmes approaching women’s rights and gender equality
3. Gender-based planning in different fields in academia.
4. Gender equality and Human rights in Academia.
5. International networking and publications in Gender Studies
6. Networks of gender equality and women’s rights
7. Gender and Human Rights
8. Gender across different disciplines in academia (literature, sciences, psychology, education …etc.)
9. Strategies for the Institutionalization of gender equality
10. Gender and Politics
11. Gender and Development
12. Gender and Economy
13. Gender and Migration
14. Feminist Theories and/or history
Call for papers can be found HERE.
Program of the Forum can be found HERE.